Partnership with Parents
We place great value on the importance of parental partnerships which are vitally important in preparing our pupils for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life. Communication is very important, and you will receive regular updates about your child's progress through timely reports, online data, and parents' evenings. Fulwood Academy is a very caring community where pupils are valued for who they are not just what they can do.
A Home-School Agreement has been drawn up in order to cement the commitment of the school, you and your child.
Aligned with the Pupil Code of Conduct it is intended to ensure that all pupils:
- can work to the best of their ability and achieve their full potential;
- are safe, happy and well;
- develop good character and are prepared for adult life and work;
- take an active role in being a responsible citizen in our school and wider community.
The school will:
- Provide a safe, caring and stimulating environment for your child.
- Support the development of your child by fostering the values of We Care, We Challenge, We Commit in school.
- Provide an inclusive, values driven education offer that ensures equality of access for all.
- Ensure your child achieves their potential as a valued member of the academy community.
- Provide a balanced curriculum that meets their individual needs.
- inform you on a regular basis about your child’s progress towards these targets, in an easily understandable form.
- Instil in your child high standards of work and behaviour through building good relationships and developing a sense of responsibility.
- Recognise, praise and celebrate your child’s achievement.
- Maintain regular communication about all academy matters.
- Promote a wide range of extra-curricular activities.
- Support your child to use the internet safely and sensibly so that it does not bring harm to him/her or others.
- Support your child to overcome any problems that hinder their learning and their personal development.
Parents and Carers will:
- Ensure our child attends the academy every day, on time, in correct uniform and properly equipped for learning.
- Support the School by promoting the values of We Care, We Challenge, We Commit in the home and attending parents’ events and induction sessions offered by the school.
- Arrange all medical and dentist appointments after school or during holiday time to ensure my child does not miss any learning time.
- Organise family holidays outside of term time so that no learning in school is missed.
- Inform the academy of any concerns or problems that may affect your child’s work, behaviour or attendance.
- Support the academy policies on learning, behaviour, dress and appearance.
- Support the academy homework policy and encourage other home learning opportunities.
- Attend all Parents’ Evenings and consultations concerning your child progressor behaviour.
- Take an active interest in life at Fulwood Academy and the part your child plays in it.
- Attend the academy every day and arrive on time.
- Demonstrate at all times the values We Care, We Challenge, We Commit.
- Bring all the equipment needed every day and a bag to keep it all in.
- Wear the full academy uniform and be smart and tidy in appearance and adhere to the uniform policy.
- Complete all my classwork and homework to the best of my ability.
- Be polite and courteous to others and do what my teacher tells me.
- Respect the feelings, views and property of others in the academy.
- Help to keep the academy free from litter, graffiti and vandalism.
- Adhere to the ICT user agreement that I have signed.
- Follow and comply with all academy rules and expectations.
- Take an active part in the academy’s extra-curricular programme.
- Follow the pupil code of conduct and Pupil Kindness and Respect Charter.