Transport to School
Bus Information for September 2020
Please see the letter below with information about buses for September 2020
Behaviour on School Transport
Please be aware that the information below may be incorrect for September 2020. Please refer to the letter at the top of the page for current bus information.
Students who attend clubs will be able to catch a Fulwood Academy dedicated bus which will leave the academy at 4pm and follow the 663/664 route ending at the bus station.
Number 88 Bus
The school bus number 88 has been replaced with the service bus 88. Therefore, this means that it does not come onto the school site. Here are some solutions for the students who take this bus:
- In the morning there is an option to catch the earlier 07:20 scheduled departure from Larches arriving at Fulwood Academy approximately 07:50
- From the Larches / Lea area students would be recommended to use service 31 to Brook street (15-20 minutes) walk through to Plungington road (2 minutes) and then use service 23 to Fulwood Academy (10 minutes)
- From Cottam / Ingol students would be recommended to use service 44 to brook street (20 minutes) walk through to Plungington road (2 minutes) and then use service 23 to Fulwood Academy (10 minutes)
- Another alternative from Tanterton / Ingol area would be to use service 35 to Fylde Road (20 minutes) walk through to Adelphi street (2 minutes) and then use service 23 to Fulwood Academy (10 minutes)
- In the afternoon if students are unable to wait for the scheduled journeys on service 88 at 15:45 / 16:45 the alternative would be to use service 23 to Plungington road walk through to brook street and then connect with service 44 (Ingol & Cottam) or 31 (Lea) or they can stay on the 23 to the bus station and connect there if they desire, this also applies in the morning.
Timetables for all the relevant services are attached along with a bus network map to visually see where connections can be made.