Our core values of Trust, Excellence, Ambition and Manners runs through all that we do.
We always try our PERSONAL BEST and accept NO EXCUSES.
Our curriculum makes a difference to our students’ futures.
- All young people are entitled to an exceptional education that opens doors to future success.
- We cherish the responsibility of promoting a student’s life-long learning.
- We believe that we can empower our students by helping them become the citizens of the future.
Through our curriculum, students:
- Acquire important knowledge and learn how to apply it through skills in their subjects.
- Continue their reading journey, accessing ideas and thoughts of great writers.
- Learn about our common shared culture,
- Grow their confidence and vocabulary so that language gives them access to the future.
Our curriculum Intent at Fulwood is :
- Knowledge Rich - Our students ensure they can compete with their peers through the acquisition of a breadth of knowledge.
- Engaging and rigorous– Teachers deliver a great curriculum but it is underpinned by great assessment and great training.
- Rewards effort– Students are encouraged to develop independent learning skills and value learning and the acquisition of knowledge.
- Challenge – a broad and deep curriculum creates the opportunity for all to progress.
Implementing Teaching and Learning at Fulwood
We believe that it is the duty of every teacher to raise academic achievement, open doors to opportunity and create enquiring minds.
- We strive to create a culture that provides an exceptional knowledge base.
- We work hard to turn that knowledge into flexible thinking.
- We want our students to be self-reflective and to create a culture where students recognise that effort brings reward.
- We recognise that parents and carers are vital to raise aspiration and achievement.
- We work hard to ensure that how to learn is clear from subject to subject.
- We ensure that our students are tolerant and responsible young people who are an asset to their community.
At Fulwood we ensure that we know the Impact of learning:
- We work hard to ensure that hourly, daily, weekly, half-termly and termly assessment provide us with the data we need to see how well students are learning the curriculum
- We use this information so that students are helped to learn the curriculum now and in the future.
- We use this information to address misconceptions and to set up the jump in ideas to the next level of learning.
If you would like any more information regarding the Curriculum, please contact Mr McLinden, Vice Principal.