At Fulwood Academy we are keen to prepare our pupils for their future in the world of work.
As well as aiming for the highest levels of academic achievement it is vital to develop the skills that employers are looking for.
For Careers enquiries, please contact Mr J Moss, Director of CEIAG at Fulwood Academy on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01772 719060
To achieve this we have a variety of methods and approaches that include the following;
- Access to an Independent Careers Adviser
- Employer talk
- Close links with Business
- Curriculum links with jobs
- WOW week – world of work week YR10
- Visits to local employers
- Focus on Careers, Labour Market Information on off curriculum days
- School visits to universities, job fairs and colleges
- Careers Assemblies
- Career drop ins with experienced independent careers adviser
Independent Careers Advisor- Angela Callagher
Qualified Level 6 Diploma in Career Guidance and Development (National Standard)
Member of the Career Development Institute
30 Years working with Lancashire Employers in Public and Private Sector Including priority Industries such as Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering, Finance and Professional services, Health and Social, Creative Industries, Visitor Economy,Construction, Energy and Environment.